We were invited to watch Cardiff City FC v Nottingham Forest this Easter Monday at Cardiff City Stadium in Leckwith, Cardiff.
I have never been to a football match before, I was a little worried having an anxiety disorder that the busy ques and crowds would set off my panic.
I have always imagined football matches to be full of loud drunken men and not a good place to have a family day out.
I was about to have my whole perception of football and matches changed forever.
The club has won Family Club of the Year and Family Excellence Awards from the Football League in recent years for the family experience they’ve created.
We were invited to review the family experience for ourselves . This first thing that put my mind at ease was that the family Stands policy is no adults without juniors, or juniors without an adult. The whole area is for families only!
We started our family experience by having a tour of the stadium and then went to explore the family area.
With plenty of activities to keep the little ones entertained, parents can enjoy a cup of coffee (or pint) without children complaining of being bored. From football to face painting there is something for all ages, there’s even a Sony Kids Zone with PlayStation’s and cartoons!
The food and drinks are reasonable in price and the portion sizes are a lot more generous than I expected.
Ethan had fun playing the football game.
When we sat to watch the game I was worried that my 2 year old son would start playing up and I would end up having to take him to the activities and then miss the game. I was shocked…my two year old had more fun than all of us! He sat happily watching the game, clapping and cheering with the crowd.
Cardiff City won!!!
I never thought I would say this about a football match but I had a fantastic time, the atmosphere was amazing, the food was good and the kids were happy; For me that is what family time is all about and I would happily attend with my family again.
A family or group of four (two adults and two juniors) can purchase a Cardiff City Family Stand season ticket for the 2017/18 season for as little as £6 per person per game.
Prices for a 2017/18 Cardiff City Family Stand season ticket are as follows:
- 2 adults and 2 juniors is £549 for 23 matches (£6 per person per game)
- 1 adult and 1 junior is £298 for 23 matches (£13 per person per game)
- 1 adult is £249 for 23 matches (£11 per game)
- 1 junior is £49 for 23 matches (£2 per game)
- The family season ticket offer is not exclusive to a family of four – for example, two friends could purchase a ticket and bring a respective junior each.
- Family Stand policy applies; no adults without juniors, or juniors without an adult.
- Matchday parking close to the ground is available for families on a first come first serve basis for £8 per game.
- 2017/18 Cardiff City season ticket holders will have the opportunity to enjoy a number of exclusive benefits, which include –
- Your name on your seat, free of charge, when purchasing within the early-bird
window (£4.95 thereafter)
- Privileged access to a pre-season open training session at Cardiff City Stadium.
- Entry to Season Ticket holder competitions throughout the 2017/18 season with chances to win exclusive prices, including match-day mascot packages, player ‘meet & greet’experiences, match-worn shirts, tickets upgrades and even match-day seats directly behind the home dugout.
For more information on the exclusive benefits season ticket holders can enjoy, as well as Cardiff City season ticket and matchday ticket prices, please visit: http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/tickets.
We were given complementary family tickets in exchange for an honest review. All views are my own. Photos are copyright of Welsh Mummy Blogs.