The Welsh Mummy Blogs family were invited to the Cardiff Bay Beach #presstrip
The Beach is BACK for 2019!
Yesterday, the Welsh Mummy Blogs family headed to the Cardiff Bay Beach. I was so excited when I read that the Cardiff Bay Beach was returning this year, and that this year the beach is back on the waterfront at Roald Dahl Plass!
The Cardiff Bay Beach is here until 1st September 2019.
The beach features a giant child-friendly sandy beach, a shallow water play area, a variety of rides and games, a giant wheel with views across the bay, free live entertainment, great food and drink, and traditional deck chairs for visitors to chill out in the summer sun.
Entry to the Cardiff Bay Beach is free, and there are chargeable facilities on site.
What you need to know about this years Cardiff Bay Beach.
(Exceptions – Sunday 1st September 10am-6pm)
- There are no onsite toilet facilities, however, the Wales Millennium Centre has kindly opened its doors to those attending the Cardiff Bay Beach.
- If you would like to have a paddle in the water play area, you will need to pack a swimsuit. There is a changing area onsite.
- The paddling pool is open 10am – 6pm each day. No inflatable toys, waterbeds, etc allowed.
- Ride and game stalls are token only. Tokens are £1 each. You can pay with cash, card or contactless at the token booths. Rides cost between two and four tokens per person.
- You can take your own food, however due to safety concerns, glass bottles and alcohol will not be permitted.
- The Cardiff Bay Beach is strictly a no smoking area.
- There are stalls that sell swimwear, sunglasses and buckets and spades.
- There is a cocktail bar and usual bar. Soft drinks including slush are available to purchase onsite. There is also an array of food vendors.
- If it’s a sunny day, please prepare and don’t forget your sunscreen.
We had a brilliant day. The boys enjoyed the rides, Ethans favourite ride was the runaway train.
Harrison preferred rides that he was controlling himself.
The funhouse was ‘fun’ for all the family!
After some rides we enjoyed a play in the sand and a relax on the deckchairs.
As you can see, we had a great day out. The Cardiff Bay beach is perfect for families. If you are wanting to save some money, I would recommend taking your own food, drinks, swimwear and buckets and spades.
More pictures of our day can be found on Instagram!