National Museum Cardiff are taking there Dino Sleepovers to a virtual platform in August as the National Museum Cardiff will be closed until the week commencing 24 August.
The Dinosaur Sleepovers have been sold-out events since the National Museum Cardiff started doing them over 1.5 years ago. They’re usually a charged-for event, however, the at-home version will be free!
The evening will start at 3pm on 22 August and finish 9.00am on Sunday, 23 August, and is suitable for children 6-12 years old
There are Facebook Events and a web listing on the National Museum Cardiffs website, as well as on Eventbrite where visitors can claim their free tickets from Friday, 24 July:
**GENERAL RELEASE TICKETS AVAILABLE 10AM FRIDAY 24 JULY**
How to claim your tickets:
- Website: https://museum.wales/whatson/digital/11193/Museum-Sleepover-Dino-Nights-AT-HOME/
- Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/amgueddfa-dros-nos-gartref-museum-sleepover-at-home-tickets-111863185800
- Facebook Event (English): https://facebook.com/events/591044314882488/
- Facebook Event (Welsh): https://facebook.com/events/661512981103146/
Activities in the sleepover include:
- A torch lit video tour of the museum
- A den-making competition
- An activity booklet, including activities such as baking and colouring-in
- Watching a film
- Family yoga to wake everyone up on the Sunday morning!
- This event is aimed at children aged six to twelve.
- This is a free event, but advanced booking is still required.
- The event will start at 3pm and will end at 9am the following morning.
- Full programme to be confirmed at time of booking.
- A downloadable sleepover essentials guide will be available in advance to help you plan your sleepover experience.
- All materials and activities supplied for this event will be bilingual (Welsh & English). This excludes the Dino Show & Live Q&A. This activity will be delivered in the facilitator’s first language, which is English.
This is a really exciting event that allows families of all households to be able to experience a Dino Nights sleepover for free no matter where they are – and without leaving the safety of their homes!
This event also comes a few days before National Museum Cardiff officially reopens to the public after being closed in March due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Get your tickets now and join the National Museum Cardiff (from home) on 22 August!